Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Front Interior lights and fridge stopped working. Checked

Customer Question

Front Interior lights and fridge stopped working. Checked the fuses and checked breakers. Everything works except the fridge and living room/kitchen lights. I replaced a bulb then heard a low popping noise when they went out
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's an airstream trailer. As I was replacing a light bulb the rest of the living room lights and fridge stopped working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Trying to now
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No just that the fuses have been checked and that I can't find out why they suddenly stopped working while changing a bulb
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the RV Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

What year Airstream is this? Do you have fuses or push button breakers for the 12 VDC circuits? It sounds like the light has a short and it is on the same circuit as the fridge, so when you shorted that out and it "popped" it blew the fuse or DC breaker on that circuit again. The fixture may have a short in it and need attention or replacement. Try replacing the fuse or reset the breaker again and leave the bulb out. Fuses can look good and still be bad or the DC breaker may be bad. Testing can tell you for sure. A 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20 would be very helpful for this. See if the fridge comes back on. Let me know what happens and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Did you get this resolved or do you still need some input from me here?