gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We have a 6-point leveling system lippert on a 5th wheel big

Customer Question

We have a 6-point leveling system lippert on a 5th wheel big horn. We cannot get the jacks to retract automaticaly.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: They system will level great but when we go to retract the jacks like it says in the manual it will not work it errors out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything the manual has said and nothing works. Turned it off and on several times
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: hopefully not it is a 2016
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Are you plugged into shore power? What is is doing when you try to retract the jacks?