Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2007 Seneca HD Super C MH. The house batteries will

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Seneca HD Super C MH. The house batteries will not charge with engine running only when plugged in to landline. Drove unit to Camping World to get repaired, they replaced a "solenoid". Now I have no electrical service of any kind on coach. Chassis electrics work fine.
1. What do you think was wrong originally? Battery isolator? Where located?
2. What part was needed originally? Where can I get part? They seemed to have difficulty in locating "solenoid".
3. I talked via phone to your customer service 'Bill or Bob" Wednesday and was promised wiring schematics but as of now I have not received.
4. Please speculate as to why I have no electrics on coach.
Thanks for your help!!!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

First thing to do is actually go to the house battery and take a reading, if the voltage is over 11 volts DC you should be getting power inside the RV.

When you hit the switch inside it should trigger a solenoid valve, you should hear a click each time. Follow the noise to the solenoid, once you find the solenoid you will see two LARGE posts on each side, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if your power comes on. IF so then the solenoid is at faulty.

IF you are missing the AC power please let me know, the AC power would be the outlets, microwave and TV, it would be separate from the DC power.

We have nothing to do with Camping World, we are RV techs that have many years of experience. I actually worked at a CW years ago along with other shops and manufacturers.

Robert