Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 2005 hurricane 33ft,the inside power does not work

Customer Question

I have 2005 hurricane 33ft,the inside power does not work even with new batteries, or from a.c. power.is it the solenoid.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

SO are you missing all the AC and DC? Are all the outlets dead, TV and microwave? Did you go to the disconnect solenoid and check for power on each of the LARGE posts across the solenoid?

Also if you start the generator if you can, do you get power back? What is the voltage at the solenoid?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where is the isilater solenoid
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

The DC power will use a solenoid to isolate the power, go inside and hit the disconnect switch, you should hear a click each time you hit that switch, if you can not hear the click each time go to the house battery and follow the cables one will go right to the solenoid to one of the large posts, if you have power on the one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts to see if your DC power comes on, is so bad solenoid. Sometimes that solenoid is near the battery or inside a battery control box with other fuses, breakers and solenoids. Sometimes they can also be under the bed, try and follow the cables. That would NOT prevent the AC power from coming in just the DC power.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the microwave works when using shoreline
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

What about all the other outlets? Can you plug something in and see if they are working, it is VERY important to know if you are missing all the AC and DC power. The power converter will take the AC power and charge the batteries. Can you take a voltage reading at the batteries? IF the voltage is good and you have no DC power inside need to find that disconnect solenoid and see if you have power on each side of it, a cable should come from the battery to tehe solenoid, you hit the switch and the other side of the solenoid should have power. IF the converter is not getting AC voltage then the battery will not charge and you will have no DC power. Hope this makes some sense. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert