Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I blew an oil line on my left rear on my 1988 Itasca

Customer Question

I blew an oil line on my left rear jack on my 1988 Itasca Suncruser. I am takeing it in to have the fitting replaced,but I do not know the location of the oil tank. About one quart or so leeked out.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What I normally will do is have someone run the jacks and then go outside and listen for the pump/manifold, the tank will be connected to the pump manifold. Some areas I have see these located are in the following areas, up front throught the engine access, straight down, behind the entry step or it is VERY possible they have the tank mounted on a chassis frame rail, if that is the case then it will be difficult to fill as the tank sits below the floor line and there is not much access to fill. Sometimes you need to use a funnel and hose if it is on the chassis frame rail. All hoses should go to the manifold/pump. Hope this helps some. Robert