Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I'm having a charging problem on my 2014 Winnebago

Customer Question

I'm having a charging problem on my 2014 Winnebago Adventurer. The house and chassis batteries will not charge . Where is the converter / battery charger at ? It's a 2014 35P 10J88R177128. Oh I'm ***** ***** Brown
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Batteries will only charge when engine is running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

A few things to start, go to the house batteries and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, sometimes the charge line from the converter to battery will have an auto breaker, below is a picture some are thermal and self reset and others have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame OR inside a battery control box with other breakers, fuses and solenoids. IF you see any at all make sure the voltage on each post is the same, you would measure pos to chassis ground on each post. I am going to pull a print right now so you can see where the converter is located, will take me a few mins to pull that up. I will respond shortly... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Click HERE and you will see detail "dc" and looks like it is behind the entertainment center. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert