peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The lights blink on and off on the shifter key pad and stay

Customer Question

The lights blink on and off on the shifter key pad and stay off on my 1995 Newmar motorhome. I hear relay on the firewall clicking. It will not start even though the key turns over. Battery is good. I unplugged the transmission and it still does it. I replaced the relay and it still does it. Can someone test the shifter pad or do you have any other suggestions. I have called Allison and they want me to tow my motorhome to them which is located 120 miles away and I have no way to get it there. ***** *******
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In allot of cases the fault codes need checked with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers.Once this is done the codes will then need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.I suspect this will have to be done here due to what is occuring here to help pinpoint the cause.This sounds like a sensor or solenoid at fault but the codes will need checked to be sure.Unfortunately you may have to have a local repair center or dealer check and test this here to pinpoint the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can see you are not familiar with this situation and you have told me nothing that I didn't already know. You might want to be aware that you can't get a reading on a computer or a scanner without electricity in the touch pad. I am requesting a refund due to the fact that this was not helpful. Telling me I need to get it checked out by a service person is only common sense and not really worth $37 dollars. I would call you and pursue the matter futher but if your not an expert in this vehicle then I don't really see the point. What do I need to do to get this refund. Thank you, ***** *******

I apologize as I saw no one else had posted any info on this here and wanted to see if I could help in any way.If you want I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand this is an area most aren't familiar with and I think someone would have responded earlier if they knew how to help me. I see no reason to try again and I am requesting my refund please.

I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete