Wayne, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Work on several type of Rv engine, Trans, brakes
6825259

1984 Holiday Rambler 27 ft. Ambassador, 460 CI Ford E350.

Customer Question

1984 Holiday Rambler 27 ft. Ambassador, 460 CI Ford E350. Trying to located fuel pump. Can't see one on the block, so assume it's electric?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The engine is starving for fuel. Runs for 20 seconds or so and dies. Check the float bowl (front) on the carburetor and the level is way down. Crank for a bit and it fills back up. But once it starts, it only runs for a short while
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced fuel filters, rebuilt the carburetor, changed carb floats and valves several times.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: that covers it for right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Yes your fuel pump is electrical,

it is mounted into the gas tank

need to drop the gas tank to remove it

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service