Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Elite 9000. A&E System awning an would like to have

Customer Question

I have a Elite 9000. A&E System awning an would like to have a 9100 series which I am of the understanding is an electric motorized awning. Here is th stats on my present awning and would like to know what I need to replace it with an electric one. Product #958302331. Model #839ASorZ1981-B. Serial#14995147. It shows a calendar date of 12/06/01. Thanks. My personal/business email***@******.***.(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What length do you want to install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
19'6" for base to base on the motorhome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's "from base to base
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cloth awning I measure at 220"
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The way you measure your existing awning is from the center or one support arm to the center of the other support arm.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you want to stay with that length or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would put arm center to arm center is 226". Would want the Same size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Make that arm to arm center 252". Would the electric awning use the same base holder of the arms?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry........I think my tablet freaked out........and I am still with you! So you have a 21 ft awning and want the same lenth. Do you want any special features or colors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A taupe gray
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There are numerous options........metal sheild or not and colored on both sides or one. Get back to me with this and I can get you more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Medal not necessary
Color on both sides
Where can we see pictures
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

On the Dometic website......do you want me to get you a part number and price?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This only comes colored on one side in gray. Black can be both sides. Gray and no sheild is part number 916GW21.000 and you would need a switch kit and the legs......either long or short depending on the application you have........probably long. Same price for both. The list price on this package is $1,495 plus some freight sometimes. Shop around as the price will vary. The dealer has about $450 profit in this so you know how hard to bargin! Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got all you needed or do you still have more questions about this that I can answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me your ideas in a form that I might order from Dometic. Unit #, length, leg size (can we use present legs) black on both sides, and any other specifics you think they should have. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I need the length of your existing legs.........and you do have to order new legs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back on MI. I will
Be back in FL in a couple weeks. Will measure them then and text you then. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4