Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I need help with my RV again! 1993 Pace Arrow Deisel Engine

Customer Question

Hi I need help with my RV again! 1993 Pace Arrow Deisel Engine with Allison transmission. I attempt to crank it and the only way I can is if I hold the gas petal down, then it will idle and cut off when i try to put it in gear. This happened today but on last Friday 2/20 I had the oil changed and the fuel filter changed. It cut off a few times but I thought it was ok
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. There is air in the system from changing the fuel filters. What is the Cummins engine model number from your engine tag so I can give you the proper bleed procedure

You will need to prime the fuel system to get the air out of the filters and the fuel lines

With your filters full of fuel and bled of air from the primer pump crack the injector lines loose while cranking over until it starts to want to run and you get fuel from the lines and then tighten the lines and start. Make sure there are no leaks at the filters. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine model number is ***** 8.3-250

Thanks for the info. Same. Pump primer pump with bleed screw or line cracked loose on filter housing until you get fresh fuel and filters are full of fuel no air, tighten, then pump[ until the resistance from the pressure is felt and try starting. Crack the injection lines if unsuccessful while cranking. Once running keep at 1200-1500 until it smooths out then let idle

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need help?