Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH and am having some

Customer Question

HiI have a Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH and am having some probelms with the thermostat.Initially the furnace would not switch on, nothing at all, not even the fan, the electric heat pump worked though. Yesterday morning the electric heating (heat pump) would not switch on, eventually I realised that if I moved the switch on the thermostat very slowly I could get the electic heat pump heating on if the switch was in one exact spot. This morning I had nothing from the heat pump, I tried to find the exact spot again, eventually I could get cold air blowing (I could heat the heat pump try to start but immediately stop). I spend over an hour but could not get the heat pump on again.I removed the fuse from the thermostat to see if it helped. When I put the fuse back in the furnase still would not work, but I could get the cold air from the electic setting easily but not the heat pump.The thermostat is a rvcomfort.hp, there are no instructions / trouble shooting guide for this. My question is: is there a way to reset the thermostat so see if that helps?Any other advice appreciated.ThanksMark.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Take the cover off and give me the part number of your thermostat. And what this is in........thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, it's in my Jayco North point 377RLBH, the thermostat is rvcomfort hp. The part number is:4348B090257. I have attached a photo if that helps.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

That is the board number, but not the RV Comfort part number. It may be on the rear. You might try taking this loose from the wall and CAREFULLY pulling the wiring out of the wall to get to the connections. These can be either a plug or just cap splice connectors. See if they all look good. I suspect that this is just a defective thermostat and not a loose connection, but you need to check. Also you might check up in the ceiling connections which you should be able to access once you remove the ceiling grill. If you can get me the part number, that would help. It should start with a 7 or 8 and be 4 numbers and then a letter and then 3 or 4 more numbers. I may be able to identify it from the number and colors of the wiring and plug or if it has loose wiring. That way I could direct you in some tests if you have a 12 VDC test light. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

The part number should be on the rear of the whole unit once you remove it from the wall. Attach a photo of the back and wiring if you don't see it. I am attaching a link to one it might be. http://getrvparts.com/coleman-8530a3451-rv-air-conditioner-heat-pump-thermostat/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay. I didn't see any problems with the wiring. The part number is: AR7823, date code: A15 and R.V.P 8530-348ThanksMark.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Then I suspect that the thermostat is defective somehow. You would ask for that part number 8530-348. Hook it up the same way. It should be under warranty and I would ask the dealer you got it from. Perhaps don't take it out yet. They frown on you doing your own repairs!