Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where can I go to get a replacement compartment door (driver

Customer Question

where can I go to get a replacement compartment door (driver side 3rd door back just in front of rear wheel) on a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 32v. its been damaged and needs to be replaced
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Have you tried contacting a dealer or repair center near you that works on this model or works on models similar?If not sometimes they can order in what you need for this here.I have had to do this before on an older camper trailer I had and the repair center I spoke with was able to examine what I needed and located it for me.If this was already done or is not an option here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been to the dealer who sold me the RV several times (they are 102 miles away from my home), problem is the Dealer has stopped servicing Fleetwood's all together. And they are the closest dealer as well I taken it to several other brand dealers with not so good results. My goal is to order the correct door and take it to a paint shop who I have spoken with they will install door and paint it to match. I thought this was going to be an easy job. But finding the part is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. If you can't direct me to a site that I can order the part. I done everything you have suggest.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here but someone else here may have more info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Many times these doors will go obsolete and they are difficult to find, a few ideas I know All-rite custom makes them, click HERE for them, I would contact them and see what they can do for you. Another idea for you is the call around to some of the larger RV salvage yards such as Colaw and see if they have one laying around. These salvage yards are all over the US, I have always had luck with Colaw. Hope this helps some more. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert