Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Im ***** *****. I just had a black tank overflow or leak,

Customer Question

Hi, im ***** *****. I just had a black tank overflow or leak, not sure which. But black water definitely got in my unit and a good amount came out of the bottom of the unit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It looks like the toilet overflowed and the water then leaked out of the bottom of the unit. A lot of it. I've since stopped the flow of water into the unit which has stopped the leak. But I'm concerned about what to do next
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

What is this in? And can you see the tank or do you have to take some of the underbelly loose first?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A 2007 keystone raptor 37 foot toy hauler. And I'd have to remove some underbelly off to see it
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

They that is what you need to do so you can see if the problem is that the top of the tank ruptured or the end split out at the outlet. Both are common on those Kart tanks. Cheap ABS plastic! I never use them when I have tank issues like this and only use polypropylene tanks that won't break. About $249 if you need a new one. IF you got lucky and only have a problem AT the tank inlet or vent you might be able to repair that. And you can usually hose off the hard parts and replace the insulation. I will make a phone chat option offer for you in case you feel that would be more productive and faster here.......especially if you plan on repairing this yourself. All follow ups are included in our fee.