Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1999 Winnebago Adventure Delamination down the side where

Customer Question

1999 Winnebago Adventure
Delamination down the side where the sky light for the bathroom is located.
Delamination from the top of fridge vent.
Cause severe hail storm later noticed bubble in that area.
How do you fix the delamination?
Bill
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The proper way to repair this is to pull up the skin enough so you can re-glue underneath and then put some weight or clamps on the area. What I have used before in the past that works pretty good is Sika Flex 227 it comes in a tube for a caulking gun and you can clamp some rubber fuel line to it so you can get to hard to reach places. The area should be dried out as much as possible. Sometimes when you have a delam. moisture will break down the glue and you will get bubbles, or if not enough was used or a defect in the material. IF you can get away with pulling any vents, sky lites or windows to reach the area then I would try that instead of trying to remove the entire area. Kind of hard for me to picture what you have going on, if you want to send some photos it may help, you should be able to use the paper clip icon and send some.. I am around daily and respond when I can so no hurry on my end..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert