Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Is there a fuse to protect from power surge on a dometic

Customer Question

Is there a fuse to protect from power surge on a dometic model dotrc17ssc microwave oven?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Yes there should be a fuse inside behind the control panel, many times you have to remove the microwave from the cabinet to get at it as it is inside the chassis of the microwave. Sometimes a surge can still damage the circuits on the microwave, I would check for that fuse inside.

Hope this helps some.. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

SO I looked at the parts break down and it did not show one, I am currently looking at a service manual for that model, respond shortly. Most do have the fuse but when I looked it did not indicate one so need to verify this. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Yes it shows the fuse on the wiring diagram, click HERE for a service manual on this, they talk about a 20 amp fuse, I believe on page 8-6 it shows 50Fzza as the fuse. It also shows on 5-1 on the diagram.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? Let me know if you have more questions or concerns...

Robert