Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do you remove the cowling

Customer Question

how do you remove the cowling
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Are you talking about the engine access cover inside, what engine and chassis do you have? Can you send a picture of what you are trying to remove? Should be a paper clip icon on your end that you can add a photo into. IF not I can try and direct you from what I have run into over the years. The more info you can provide the better I can try and assist you... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine cover, 1993 aerbus,460 on ford chassie
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

This is an older unit from my exepeince on there they will screw that cover down to the floor and fire wall in the front, if it has carpet it can be really difficult to find the screws, they can use square head screws or phillips. I normally get a flat head screw driver and run it over the carpet to try and feel the screws. Once the screws are out the cover might be stuck on because some manufactures use silicone on the base of the cover, so try and get a flat bar and see if it will start to go.

Some covers are split as well and will have latches OR a hole that you stick a allen head wrench into then you turn to release the top section of the cover. IF you have anything on the cover such as cup holders etc they will need to come off. I might also try and look from the front engine access with a light to see if you can locate any hardware or screws, then go inside to that area.....

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me follow ups are included and I am around daily...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns...

Thanks, Robert