Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have the new girard water heater in. I have it wired to

Customer Question

I have the new girard water heater in. I have it wired to the switch inside the camper that the old atwood was wires through. I'm now almost certain that this switch was the reason I was having issues with the atwood. Now could I just bypass this switch since the girard has its own power switch built into it?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi again...

I just got in, can you get me the model of the tankless?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Also do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry it took me so long to respond to you. It is a GSWH-1M. And no I don't. I looked into it more and it's going through the 12v fuse box so I spliced the wires and connected them. White/black to positive, and solid white to ground. It still isn't geting power/turning on. All the fuses are good. But I'm thinking I need to use one of the empty spaces in the 12v fuse box and wire it in so it has a fuse for it and it alone. I don't know who the idiot was that wired everything in but the water heater is not listed.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

I think What I would do is just run new power and ground from the fuse box to the water heater and see if you can get it to turn on, so don't route the wires until you know it works. I might also invest in a cheap meter so you can test the voltage. I honestly have never been a fan of these tank-less water heaters, they are a pain to work on compared to the others. IF you wire it per the directions and use a new 12 volt source it should work. You could even go right to the battery for testing. Robert