Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Found a leak in roof of my forest river camper (2001. This

Customer Question

Found a leak in roof of my forest river camper (2001. This has caused the ceiling to become soft and sagging in a approx 4x4 area. It's still damp in there. Are there wood cross members to attach to to tighten this up after it is dried out.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Yes, but it has to be opened up to dry and the wet insulation taken out. IF you don't, it will dry rot and really get expensive. Once you get it open, you can take a photo or two of the damaged area and attach them to your post. The same is true on the top roof portion. That needs to be opened up and dried and the damaged wood replaced. We do this sort of repair all the time in my shop and have several in here now. Hope that gets you going. Please get back to me if you need more on this and I can direct you further. All follow ups are included in our fee. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well.