Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Tried to ask a question a week or so ago had a quote of i

Customer Question

Hi, tried to ask a question a week or so ago had a quote of i think it was $60nz but run out of internet connection sorry. I dont have home internet so need to go to my library to use theirs so may take a day to reply to any questions. think it may have been Gene that initially replied to me. I have a 1987 LeSharo petrol motorhome and Alternator failed. it is very difficult to get correct replacement in this country so i machined up a new mount and have fitted a toyota V8 100amp alternator. i have manuals but missing full wiring diagram for my vehicle and having difficulty working out which existing wires should be connected to which of the toyota alternator connections.
the toyota has a three pin plug (yellow/black ig switched, white wire constant 12v feed , and a yellow wire that earths out and goes to charge wire) and a single main terminal . The existing LeSharo alternator has a two pin plug (blue -charge light? & yellow/green) and two terminals, the first has two blue wires that goes to fan relays and a black wire that splices into wiring loom. the second terminal has a red wire and a black wire(to starter). can you please tell me where to connect the existing wires to Toyota alternator. regards Stuart
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Stuart...........do you have a part number off the Toyota alternator? That would here here. I do have the complete wiring diagrams for this in my shop manual and can get those to you as well. Get back to me with that and I can get you the correct hookup.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Randall will have a look at alternator and advise you tomorow. Also just to check, i am only after this one question answered and believed this to be a one off payment. Is that the case. i do not need or want a monthly account
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I don't get into that end of things...........I just answer questions. When we are finished, you can contact Customer Service if you think that may be what happened. I will watch for your post tomorrow.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Randall, have got the info of toyota alternator as requested.
Denso top line reads 27-06 D - 50020
next line 10 02 11 - 8250
hope this helps unit is off a V8 1UZ engine
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Let me check at the shop when I get there later this morning and get back to you.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I cannot come up with anything here on that alternator. I did find out you can get a reman unit on the OEM part if you want to try that. Just let me know. Thanks!

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I do have a Service Manual with all those wiring diagrams and info if that would help. I can mail those out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi Randall, thanks for your efforts but it sounds like you are unable to answer my question
, therefore since you have a satisfaction guarantee, there should be no charge ! Could you please ensure that i am not charged.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

You can ask Customer Service for them to cancel your question on this. See that tab on your side. Again...........I think you would have better luck with the OEM parts and those are available. Thanks!