Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Norcold 1200 LRIM that works perfectly on electric

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 1200 LRIM that works perfectly on electric but when put on propane everything appears fine with no faults indicated and propane flame is present but does not get cold
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

First thing that comes to mind on this is the LP pressure, that is if it is cooling good on AC power. This would be hard for you to do without a manometer, anytime the fridge is cooling on AC but not LP the pressure should be checked at the back of the fridge to make sure it is not low. A manometer is used to check the pressure, I understand the other appliances might be working fine but if the pressure was even a little low it could affect how well the fridge cools off. I might also pull the gas orifice and soak it in alcohol. I would also verify the thermistor is good. Make sure the flame is also in the center of the flue tube, make sure the flue cap and flue baffle are properly installed. Click HERE for a service manual so you can verify your wiring, the diagrams are on the last few pages. I doubt the cooling unit is at fault if it is cooling on AC power. IF all your checks are good it could be the lower circuit board. What you also could do is unplug the thermistor inside the box and run it on LP and see if it defaults to full cooling. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Sorry I can not do a phone service at this time, I have a service call to attend to. Also there is an added fee for that. Another expert might pick up the phone service. IF you would like to respond in this format that is fine, I will respond when I can.... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Robert asked me to assist you on this phone service if you still need help.

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included...

Thanks, Robert