Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am trying to turn on the ceiling fan/light in the kitchen

Customer Question

I am trying to turn on the ceiling fan/light in the kitchen in my 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I responded to your first question about this.......

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the ceiling fan/light over the island in the kitchen
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

So you can't find the switch? OR you just can't get it to work? Please explain further here so I understand what the whole issue is. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no switch that we can find. We tried everything in the door panel at the back door because that's where over 1/2 our switches are. Nothing on the actual fan/light either we climbed on the counter top to try that.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

No switches on the Island or on the sink backsplash? This should be a 120 VAC switch like a conventional light switch and not a small RV light switch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No we searched all over the kitchen, lr,dining rm. His dad is here with us and has the same exact camper and can't find it.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I have an older model in my shop right now, so let me look there tomorrow and see if I can shed any light (no pun intended) on this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. We are just baffled how we can't find a switch as his dad is lol. It's already weird that most lights are in the cabinet.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I'll have to admit, it is pretty strange...........and the first time I have seen a question like this one dealing with the fan.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

On the one I have in my shop the switch is located on the wall going up to the bathroom and bedroom. Push style on and off. The fan and light have pull chains so you can operate either of them separately at the fan. Hope that proves helpful here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No we have a front living room 2016 and there are no switches on the walls down stairs. We tried pulling the cords while flipping different switches and nothing. Same with his dad's. I will probably have to call manufacturer
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You may have better service from a dealer.........

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for trying. If you want to leave this open until tomorrow I will call the mfg and give you the answer. We are pretty tech and mechanical savvy and I'm sure we won't be the first. Thanks 😀
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Sure..........I hope you can get a quick response!

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back to see if they were able to shed some "light" on this for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry it's been long days at work. There is a switch in the back by the bedroom. Who ever designed that layout was crazy lol. Camping World had to search through a model on their lot. Hope that helps you if someone else asks 😀
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

What were they thinking???? Thanks for sharing that with me.