Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I'm ***** ***** Cooke, I have a Jayco Destiny 2006, my

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** ***** Cooke, I have a Jayco Destiny 2006, my fridge is a Dometic RM2350. When we purchased the caravan they demonstrated the fridge on gas but we'd always stayed in caravan parks until last year when we tried freecamps, anyway I can't get it to ignite on gas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I turned it to gas and followed the instructions but the clicker doesn't seem to do anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What does it do when you try to ignite it on gas? Can you hear any clicking of the ignitor? Did you allow the gas pressure to equalize in the system before you tried to ignite it? Light the stovetop burner first. If that won't light, you need to check the main shut off. If it does light...........is there any yellow or red in the flame tips? IF so, that can be a sign of low LP pressure and the tank regulator may need adjusting. How long has it been since you saw this working? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the Operator's Manual for this model. See that section and be sure you are following the directions for LP use. http://caravansplus.com.au/pdf/RM%202350.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This can be caused by several things........one of which is some bug debris in the burner area. Any chance that wasps or spiders may have gotten into that area? You might take the cover off over the burner and check that. Have someone push the igniter in while you watch and see if there is any spark. That will help narrow this down. Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if my information on this proved helpful? Please let me know if more input from me if needed here. Thanks!