peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1998 Newell with Allison transmission. When i shift

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Newell with Allison transmission. When i shift the transmission in drive and press the gas the engine will not increase in power. I put it in neutral and press gas it will power up. Checked the batteries and had two bad. Replaced them and the same thing is happening.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This needs done with a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle and can communicate with all computers.

This sounds like a fault with the transmission torque converter or internal mechanical transmission component at fault needing located and replaced.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete