Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 2005 coachman freelander that we had no issues

Customer Question

We have a 2005 coachman freelander that we had no issues prior is storing for winter. Went to take it out and it won't start. We are not getting power to the fuel pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we were going to bring it home from storage and the motor turns over, but not getting gas. Checked fuses, relay is clicking when you turn ignition switch, pulled brown and black plugs above gas tank, one is a 4 pin the other 3 pin not getting voltage at plug. Also when we checked earlier didn't hear pump run when ignition was turned on???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Is your RV on the Ford E450 6.8 liter chassis?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the Triton v10 motor. Started up front and checked girl cutoff drivers side, next relay and fuse, swapped relay. Went under rv and split the brown and black plugs above the gas tank, didn't get voltage, wasn't sure which plug was what, but didn't have power. I did spray some either in air intake and it ran for about 15 secs.

Did you unplug the inertia switch and verify there is power there when the key is turned from off to run?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris