gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2004 Journey with hydraulic slideouts. There

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Journey with hydraulic slideouts. There appears to be 2 "dogs" that remain extended on the front system that will not allow the complete retraction of the slide. Is there a way to mechanically retract the stops that will allow the last 12" of travel?
Thanks,
Allan
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Can you send me a picture of what you are referring to? You should be able to add a photo into your reply. Was thinking this was a HWH system if that is the case I should be able to get a service manual...... I am around daily and respond when I can so if you need time to take some pictures that is fine... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe you are correct about the HWH but I won't be able to take pictures until tomorrow. The dogs are about 1/2" thick located in each side of the cylinder and extend through a slot as the piston is extended. It appears they are designed to retract as the cylinder retracts but don't.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

Click HERE and see if this looks like any of them.....

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

not sure if if this is something Winnebago installed or it is an actual HWH component. Is there any type of switch involved for them? I can wait and have a look if you can send some pictures. Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe HWH is the hydraulic leveling system, my issue is with the slide-out which may not be hydraulic but would still have the mechanical stops as it extends.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

I am going to look into this some more.... I will let you know IF I find anything out, IF you can get some pictures it might help. Tomorrow is fine. IF I do not know the setup then I will put your question back up for other experts. Many times HWH will use both the jacks and slides, but I should be able to find out.....

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found a picture on page 192 of the Winnebago manual that shows the slide-out and parts numbers and possibly the small 1 1/2" long slot on the side of the tube but not clear enough to identify the component and how it swivels to retract.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

Let me check into this, I will respond either way later today. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Not having much luck finding anything out on this, I am going to put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert has dealt with this before. I do not know when another expert will respond. they come and go daily.... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a picture of the moveable stop (dog)