gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Dometic Frig NDM 1062 where the door light is

Customer Question

I have a Dometic Frig NDM 1062 where the door light is sporactic (works sometimes). I have purchased a new door switch but see no way to replace the switch without major surgery (like drilling out the blind rivits.
Any tricks to replacing the switch?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Did you test the old switch to see if that is the problem? Many times this is a result of a bad connection at the bulb or connections TO the bulb and not the switch. If you have a small digital multimeter we can do some testing first and be sure that this isn't something else. IF NOT, I can direct you in the switch replacement. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the exploded parts view on this for you. Part number 41. Is that the part you have? http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/refrigerators/dometic/NDM1062_5.html