Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

WHEN OPPERATING THE SLOIDE IN MY MH....PUSH IN WHILOE

Customer Question

WHEN OPPERATING THE SLOIDE IN MY MH....PUSH IN WHILOE EXTENDED OR OUT WHEN RETRACTED, THE ROOM WILOL MOVE 2 TO 6 INCHES EITHER WAY AND STOPS........ FINALLY AFTER 5 EVENTS I GET THE SLIDE WHERE I WANTED WAIT 20 TO 40 SECONDS AND IT WILL MOVE AGAIN....LUBRICATION OR BAD SOLENOID ?.......HELP carlos
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This sounds like a thermal auto breaker could be tripping and then resetting allowing the room to move again, when this happens right before the room stops do you hear a click? The noise might come from the inside fuse box or the outside chassis fuse box, if you hear a click find that auto breaker and replace it and see if that is the problem. Normally on a hydraulic slideroom the motor should not stop once you are pressing the switch, it sounds like an auto fuse/breaker or a wiring issue, possibly the motor solenoid at the pump, check all your connections make sure they are clean and tight and make sure you have good battery voltage when this is happening, measure the voltage at the pump/motor and make sure it is not dropping under 10.5 volts or the motor might cut out. Voltage is crucial for these to work properly. A bad extend/retract solenoid would not make the motor stop but the pump motor solenoid could or if there is that auto fuse/breaker in the system....

IF it is a electric slide-room then it could be the motor or same auto fuse/breaker or a controller between the switch and motor. IF it is an electric slide only you can jump power to the motor and see if it is the problem, swap the wires and the room will want to run the other way.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping...

Robert