Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2015 winnebago journey, today the motor home will

Customer Question

We have a 2015 winnebago journey, today the motor home will not charge the coach batteries from the generator, the coach batteries will charge when running the motor/engine. Any thoughts.... we have been thru the manuals all day and can not for the life of us figure out what or why!
thank you
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

The charging when you are using the generator is accomplished by your converter or inverter/charger. That has a breaker on it and it can be the breaker(s) on the genset might be tripped. IF you are getting other 120 VAC uses on the genset, those may be fine. The inverter/charger usually has either push button resets or a light switch style breaker. Check your manuals for those instructions. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more on this or we need to dig deeper into the problem. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you need some additional input from me here? If you provide the model designation I can supply some wiring diagrams and further instructions on testing this.