Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My hydraulic slide is not holdng in out position am thinking

Customer Question

my hydraulic slide is not holdng in out position am thinking seals in the cylanders , would be better replace cylanders or seals
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I put the slide out an within a few minutes the bottom of the slide ha about an inch gap , as is not holding!!!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hope to yes
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: no for now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

This is usually caused by leaking return solenoids on the manifold and NOT anything in the hydraulic cylinders. Older HWH systems seem to have this problem more than others. IF you get back to me with the brand of your slide hardware I can offer more on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.