Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am leaving on a trip in the morning and the alert red

Customer Question

I am leaving on a trip in the morning and the alert red button that beeps like a smoke detector keeps beeping. I press the top button on the left and it quits for a little bit. Then it starts again. The low voltage button lights up again and starts beeping. This will do it while I am driving down the road. Any ideas ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

It is showing you the batteries need attention. Ether they are low on charge or may be failing. That should stop once they are charged up. IF they are over 3 years old you need to have them checked and load tested. Be sure you are cheking the water levels on a regular basis. Hope that proved helpful. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O.K. I will check that and have the batteries tested
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Plug your coach in or run the genset for an hour or so and the batteries should charge up. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. IF this has been sitting for some time, they may be just low and will charge up quickly and that will stop.