Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Atwood water-less heater Burner ignites and water is

Customer Question

Atwood water-less heater Burner ignites and water is lukewarm to colder. Never hot.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We installed the Atwood water less water heater and the water is lukewarm to cold. Never hot.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This really could be a number of items if the water is not getting very hot. You should have a modulating valve that will allow you to adjust the temp. Click HERE and see page 5. Also on the bottom will be a troubleshooting chart with some items to look at for this condition. It also could be a LP pressure issue, even if the pressure was a little low it can affect how well the water heater runs. This would be hard for you to check without a manometer, most RV shops will have that tool to check the line pressure. I might also crack open the pressure relief valve and see if the water is very hot, if so check and see if they have some valves on the back of the water heater, these would be something the RV manufacturer will install, you would have a cold, hot and bypass, make sure the cold and hot are open and the bypass is shut. So valve handle running with the pipe for the hot and cold and the bypass shut or valve handle closed. Beyond that I would have a shop take a look.

One other thing, if you have an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are SHUT I have seen ome issues when they are left open and can cause the water to mix......

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert