Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How do I safely remove the -like panel on the Norcold N811

Customer Question

How do I safely remove the wood-like panel on the Norcold N811 refrigerator in order to install it in a replacement door?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How can I get the top railing off without damaging anything?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet - seems like the wood is glued on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

You don't pull off the top..........the side unsnaps off the door and it slide out to the side. This is the edge facing you when you open the door. Sometimes they will put a little adhesive on the back in one place and you need a putty knife to slide down in the opening to cut through it. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Side the panel into the new door and pop the trim back into place with the heel of your palm.............