Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

We are on trip in mh. We have an onan gold ***** ***** 5500.

Customer Question

We are on trip in mh. We have an onan gold ***** ***** 5500. We are getting code 14. We just had new carb put on by Onan dealer. Have only taken two weekend trips with it. Generator will not fire up. We are thinking about turning around from this trip to go home if we can not get this resolved. Is there anything we can do temp until Sunday when we get home. I will get it back into shop if we can just get thru the weekend.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We tried to crank it up so we can run heat in the basement. Really cold here. It would not crank. It does not run at all even if you hold the start button down. We tried priming, not priming. Waiting it out. I do not have a meter with me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code 14 is a Over Frequency code usually caused by it running to fast the last time it ran and can be cause by several things such as an unmetered air leak, carb linkage binding and or even a governor concern. Since it will not start and you just had the carb replaced it likely something they caused during the repair. Unfortunately this is not something you are likely going to be able to resolve on the road and will need to be addressed by your dealer..