Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I recently purchased a 22' Creek Side Camp trailer with a

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 22' Creek Side Camp trailer with a Dometic power awning. The trailer owners manual indicates that I should know how to stow the awning manually in case of power failure or malfunction. I don't see a manual on line that covers this topic. Can you help with this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It isn't broken. I just want to know how to close it if I'm out in the woods and have to do it manually.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: SKU No (###) ###-####
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I always try to do first is jump power direct to the motor wires and see if the awning will move, swapping the jumper wires will make it run in the opposite direction. A 12 volt drill batter can accomplish this, if not there is another procedure you can do, for Dometic click HERE and see page 3 it will explain the manual retract without power. Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert