Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall the trailer is not even set-up to stay in yet. Where

Customer Question

Randall the trailer is not even set-up to stay in yet. Where is the convertor located? Why is the kitchen circuit breaker the only one that is tripping. Would that breaker tripping cause the lights not to work? Is possible that when I turned the fan on last night that something happen to the air conditioner on top trailer that's why the fan will not operate anymore. I have checked the outlets. it just seems after I ran the fan to see if their was air coming out is when everything started happening.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

It may be you shorted out the water heater element if no water was hooked up. Which fan did you turn on? The A/C or some other?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The A/C fan. After that all the stuff started happening. I checked the fuse on the thermo and it tested good.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

What is on that circuit that is tripping all the time? Do you have a schematic in the load center that would tell you? If this is the A/C circuit, I would get up on the roof and take the cover off the A/C and see if there are wasp's nests on the fan blade. A common problem in units that have been sitting a long time. Clean them all out and spin the fan blade (WITH THE POWER OFF) and spray some WD40 on the shaft where it goes into the motor and spin it a few times to make sure it isn't bound up. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to track down the problem in that circuit and if you need more input from me on this?