gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Changed old thermostat to digtal, now furnace only works

Customer Question

changed old thermostat to digtal, now furnace only works sometimes,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: furnace will come on worked 2 days last night quit. cycle thourgh thermostat came on for short time. tried to get it to come on again will not. replace old analog with digatle both wall and box in ac. Have had to rv mech look at it they can find nothing wrong, Help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe pros can't fix it spent a lot on them
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

It sounds like the wiring could be correct if the furnace actually came on and ran. What is the make and model of the furnace?

Also when this happens will the fan come on or nothing?

Do you have a test light or volt meter and do you have an outside access panel for the furnace?

Robert