gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My name is ***** ***** house i just bought a 99 rilato 22 qd

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** house i just bought a 99 rilato 22 qd and it needes a new generator . need to see if a onan 2.8 will fit in place of the generac . thanks i live in conroe texas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes the gen was pulled out buy owner .had only 6.0 hours on it . he started it up and it reveed up wide open . he said the generator was bad .have not checked it out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It should fit............do you have the dimensions of the space where your present generator is? The Onan 2.8 is popular for these smaller campers and motorhomes. Is your present unit worn out or non repairable? Get back to me and I can assist you further on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will measure my space where the old generator was. My old generator was a Generac and it quit running was what the owner said. I cleaned the carbureator (let it soak for two days) and put it back on the generator, started it up, it runs but surges. Thats why I thought I could change to an Onan or a Honda RV generator. I will get back with you with my measurements. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4