Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The tv cable from the back of the rv to the tv. Is it in a

Customer Question

The tv cable from the back of the rv to the tv . Is it in a tube or is it stable to the fram My rv is a cayman by monaco 36 ft long diesel pusher 2003 year
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Normally these cables are not secured down, they just run them inside the cabinet to the TV so you should be able to slide a new cable in if needed. This could be a loose connection or bad cable at the TV or video selector box. I have not seen to many at all that are secured in, sometimes they will zip or wire tie the cables together but that is about it... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Also what I normally would do is hook the cable up and run it on the floor before routing the cable up to make sure the cable is the problem. IF the cable is coming from the rear you might be able to hook the cables together and pull it through. I just saw that you did say it was rear TV, it might be more of a challenge getting it through if it has to go from the front to the rear, normally any holes that are used in the frame are small and it can be a challenge to get them to line up to get the new cable through. I might get a hold of Monaco as well and see if they can send you a print for the routing. They do have a technical support line for customers. Robert