Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I live down ghway 96 in Siskiyou Co. and I just purchased an

Customer Question

I live down Highway 96 in Siskiyou Co. and I just purchased an RV (1986 Ford Winnebago Class C) and a few weeks ago I had my RV towed by AAA because the battery went out. Here's the problem engine works fine but recently where the truck was towed to my residence, I was going to move it and when I put my foot on the gas and engaged the ignition, the RV didn't move Either in Drive First or Secomd. The ignition didn't feel right or maybe there is something else, like the Transmission. Or is there something else I'm not familiar with.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF the RV did NOT move in either drive or reverse I would take a look underneath and see if the drive-line is hooked up sometimes when they tow these they will disconnect the drive-line, you would see it going from the transmission to the rear differential underneath. IF it is starting and not going when you put it in gear then it sounds like you are not doing anything wrong, and you might need to have this looked at. I only mention the drive-line because you had it towed, if the drive-line is hooked up then it sounds like an issue with the transmission. I might be having a discussion with the tow company about this since everything with that was working prior to towing... Hope this helps some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert