Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I just had a recall kit installed in my RV Norcold 1200 LRIM

Customer Question

I just had a recall kit installed in my RV Norcold 1200 LRIM refrigerator S/N(###) ###-####in December 2015. We are on a trip and the refrigerator stopped working. There is no power on the controls on the front panel, but there is a red light on the panel on the recall device the technician installed in the back of the unit. The technician said that at times the new recall device does trip and has to be reset. How do I reset it?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I can tell you how to reset it, if it does NOT reset OR the light comes back on you will have to get it looked at. When the light goes off it prevents the fridge from working as it is a safety feature. You reset it with a strong magnet, inside the box is a reed switch and running the magnet along that box should reset it. Click HERE and have a look... Hope this helps, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Also the fridge might need to cool off before you try the reset. Need to be careful with this as that is a safety device, if you had an issue with the cooling unit and temp got very hot then it would trip. Also I have seen low voltage set these off. You can not bypass the fridge as if there was an issue it could result in a fire if you tried to bypass and there was an issue. IF you have more questions please feel free to contact me follow ups are included. IF you are satisfied please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI, I was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert