Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 Georgie Boy Landau 35' and I 't have any power

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Georgie Boy Landau 35' and I don't have any power to my radio, cb radio. or cruise control. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This is a tough one without a diagram. What I would do for this is get a 12 volt test light, turn the ignition ON and start probing all your fuses for power, normally you would have two fuses boxes related to the chassis. The chassis builder would normally have a fuse box inside the RV under the dash or on the floor in front of the steering colmun and then the RV builder will stick another fuse box and that is normally under the engine access outside. Some items will be powered from ignition only so I would check for power with the ignition ON, also sometimes the radio will have an in-line fuse on the power wire behind the radio, it might be bundled up with other wires, many times they will use a plastic twist lock fuse holder and they can vibrate loose and make poor contact, not sure if the CB is also fed from that wire going to the radio.

I can see the cb and radio being tied together but the cruise should be on it's own circuit so that tells me that you might have a possible issue with the wiring harness, I would be looking at the harness to see if they have a plug, sometimes they will bundle a bunch of wires and use a male and female connector, if you see any I would check them and make sure they are not loose or corroded. Hope this helps some... Robert

Thanks for asking your question..

If you are confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow ups are included even after selecting a rating.

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert