Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Diesel Pusher. Tiffin Allegro Red Motorhome. Cummins 380.

Customer Question

Diesel Pusher. Tiffin Allegro Red Motorhome. Cummins 380. Traveled a couple hundred miles about 3 weeks ago. Oil change 6 months ago, maybe 3500 miles ago. Cranked it and it said low coolant. The red stop engine light lit and it did engine shut down. I checked the coolant and it is above the minimum line. Looks like plenty of coolant. It happened a couple of times.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would look on the back of the tank for a sensor and check the wires, make sure they are not loose, if you can I would try and remove the sensor and clean it, sometimes these sensors can get a layer of sludge on them and they can give false readings. The sensor is directly responsible for trigger the low coolant alarm so I would replace the sensor and then go from there... IF a new sensor does not take care of the issue I would have a shop look at this, could have an issue with the wiring and might be hard to track down. Also a Cummins shop can hook up and see what active faults are present, the Cummins software will walk the tech. through possible solutions to the issue....

Hope this helps, Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi, was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert