Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Morning..i have a RM2350 fridge in our van and have a

Customer Question

Morning..i have a RM2350 fridge in our van and have a problem which I suspected to be the element but after several days checking I now think the thermostat control is faulty.I did have trouble some time ago and a tech suggested I rotate the knob and this appeared to fix the problem.The thermostat control is rough when turning..Can I purchase the control and replace my self..The problem is on both gas and electric..I am a mechanic and have done a lot of repairs myself. I am in Brisbane and do not know where to buy the part.Camec is handy to me but very hard to deal with.Am I on the right track thinking the control is faulty?? Many thanks Mal HUME..
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

That seems like a good spot to check. I would hook this up directly to a power source and bypass all the controls and see if it cools or freezes. When you have a fridge that won't cool on either mode, it can be the cooling unit going out with a blockage or leak. Either of those can cause erratic cooling. Let me know where you are and I can suggest a parts outlet.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I am adding a link to the parts list for this model. You would want part #7 on the diagram. That should be a good source as well, but if they can't get it for you let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11740

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some input from me?