Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 03 Montana 5th Wheel. My wife just called me and

Customer Question

Hello Nick,
I have a 03 Montana 5th Wheel. My wife just called me and said that she cannot get any water at kitchen sink, tub, toilet anywhere. Im out of town at the moment so she is in a bind. I have already removed the check valves at the tank. The water on the property is working at our wash house, so it is coming to our trailer as well. I asked my wife to go outside and see if there was water leaking from the trailer or any sign of a busted line underground and she said that everything was fine. Do you have any idea why 5 or 6 hours ago it was working and now when she goes to use it, its not.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Are you using the city water connection or the water pump?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Follow ups are included, you can respond as much as needed... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

The reason I am asking is because if she is trying to run the water pump then I would look at the battery voltage, if the voltage was a bit low the pump would still work but might not produce water. Check to see if the pump has an inlet strainer, it will be a disc with a clear plastic cap and under the cap is a screen, make sure that is not plugged up. IF she has access to the pump loosen the outlet on the pump and briefly turn the pump on have a rag over the connection, want to make sure the pump is not air bound. IF there is an outdoor sprayer make sure the valves are shut off. If the RV has a filter and it is a drop in style I would remove the filter and see if you get flow. Normally if you had one it would be under the sink. If it is very cold where the unit is please let me know. Also let me know if this is happening on the city water connection, I am not sure if you are using water from the tank via the water pump OR you are connected direct. Also sometimes on the outside where you hook the water up there could be a valve, one way would be city water, the other would be to draw water from the tank.... Robert