Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an Onan GenSet, Looking wiring diagram run start

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** have an Onan GenSet, Looking for the wiring diagram for the run start flash stop 'analog' not solid state. Can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Need to re-wire the starter controls. Somebody jput the wrong starter soloniod in it. This is not in a rv anymore. I am going to set up a back for the house. I got it on a good deal. maybe.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I have a genset ONAN No 98-3074-01, 6.5 NH-3CR\1620P, F843793220 . The control wiring has been hacked, scrambled. I need a detailed wired diagram for this genset. nothing is coded. It is as if a 7yr old played with it. Wrong starter sol. probably a ford.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Please click on the attached link for what I think you are looking for. See the "Start Circuit" diagrams. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.gmcws.org/Tech/dsimmons/onan/onan.html#start-circuit-schematic

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It seems that I already have this from a 'pwer Drawer nh series it is for a 6000 watt. I have a 6.5 kwatt capacity. and It is not a solid state control. Just has relays, and only one diode.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I thought the only issue was the start relay............no? Those are pretty much the same in most of these. That is one reason the shop manual covers quite a few sets. Did you want more than the starter relay?