Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How do you replace a slide out gear and motor on a 2006 HR

Customer Question

How do you replace a slide out gear and motor on a 2006 HR ambassador?
I can't seem to get the gear to bolt back up!
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the problem that you don't have the gear aligned quite the same as the old one? You may have to turn is slightly so that it is in the same alignment here. Hopefully, you haven't moved the room since taking the old one out as that may make it harder to do. It may have moved slightly and that is causing the issue. Take a tape measure and check to see if both sides are even in distance from the edge of the slide trim to the wall of the coach. Let me know what you find. And is this a Power Gear unit or some other brand of hardware. Double check the gear and motor and be sure it is the same as the old one. they have dozens of motors and gears and you may not have received the correct parts. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you still need some assistance here or were you able to get that aligned and bolted up?