Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Where is the Directional Isolator Relay located on 2000

Customer Question

Where is the Directional Isolator Relay located on 2000 Georgetown Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Not positive on this, but look under the passenger seat..........

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its not there
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Then I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something here.......not sure when one may come on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Supposed to be in a plastic box according to manufactuers specs
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI my name is Robert....

Sometimes it will be in a battery control box, inside that box is the solenoid and fuses, breakers, it also could be behind the fuse card making it difficult to access. I would look near the batteries to start see which way the cables are running as a cable from each the chassis and house battery will go directly to it, sometimes that battery control box is located under the hood, in a front storage compartment, under the step or even under the bed..... IF they are not in any of those locations I would try and trace the cables out.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its not under the bed The batteries are under the entry steps and it's not there It's not under the hood or in the engine compartment The house batteries cable goes to the rear and the start battery cable goes to the front
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

The function of the relay is to charge both the house and chassis battery at the same time so there should be a cable going from each battery to the relay, I can not imagine it is under the chassis it is normally in a box with other fuses and breakers. I will put your question back up for other experts, IF I find anything out I will jump back in, I will look through my history on this site and see if I have run into this before... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

See picture below this is from a 2005 Georgetown looks like it is outside on a frame rail

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The relay I am looking for is also called BIRD The picture you sent is similar to mine The relay does not have battery cables going to it just terminals marked ground -relay -coach bat and ignition made by Intellitec It's called Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK... Maybe I misunderstood you know where the solenoid is but not the actual controller? Click HERE and see last page for diagram....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've got that diagram just can't it in the motorhome That's why I'm asking where it is
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

I will put your question back up for other experts.... I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily....

Robert

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Ford shows the flasher relay in the IP (instrument panel) relay box. Ford does not have a diagram just states it is behind the drivers side of the dash. Though it is not mounted to anything because Ford does not put a dash in the RV chassis, the RV builder does that and they can mount it anywhere they want within limitations of how long the harness is that Ford has already mounted. It may be best to open the wire harness at the turn signal switch and follow the light blue and white/red wires, both go to the flasher relay.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have a problem with turn signals Looking for the Bi-Directional Isolator Relay on a motorhome charging system

Thanks for clarifying that. Your 3 techs into this, but I am not quite sure what that relay does. Can you explain it a little and I will look over the Ford diagrams to see if I can find it. If not I like the others will need to opt out.