gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

AUX BATTERIES NOT CHARGING ON GEOGETOWN 2003 RV
, I

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** AUX BATTERIES NOT CHARGING ON GEOGETOWN 2003 RV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I INSTALLED TWO NEW MARINE BATTERIES, WHICH WENT DEAD IN TWO WEEKS AND AGAIN IN TWO WEEKS.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Are you plugged in the whole time? IF NOT, are you hitting the battery disconnect switch so they are out of the circuit? Otherwise, they will drain due to the LP detector which is always on. OR the converter may be shorting out and draining them. Testing would show this. You would need a meter and I would need to know the make and model of your load center.