Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How can I bypass the electrical and open my black tank and

Customer Question

How can I bypass the electrical and open my black tank and both tank?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

So you have electric dump valves? If so two ways you should be able to do this, get a 12 volt drill battery and jump the wires going to the valve directly, if the valve does not open swap the wires at the battery it should open for you. The second way is most of these electric tank valves will have some type of override on the valve body, sometimes you might see an allen head type screw on the side and you turn that and it opens the valve up. I would try to jump power first with a charged drill battery, should be more then enough to open the valve. IF not look for the allen screw on the valve. IF you still need more help please tell me the manufacturer of the valves.... Hope this helps.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert