Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2015 Winnebago itasca class c, no hot water. I've already

Customer Question

2015 Winnebago itasca class c , no hot water . I've already tried to do pressure release from p-t valve. This is a on demand tankless water heater
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

What is the make and model of your water heater? Water comes out, but not hot?

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I think most OEM models are made by Atwood, but there are several others. Your coach manuals should say. Once I know which one you have I can assist you further here. This may take some "back and forth" but all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Gerard products, tankless water heater GSWH-1M.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I was hoping you didn't have that one............they are just worthless in my view! I have only sold one and had to take it back out and refund the customer. It is still in the box in my shop. I won't sell it to anyone else and the supplier refunded me and then told me to "keep it" so they don't have much stock in these cheap units either. These have had numerous issues so there isn't just one thing I can point you to. IF it won't ignite, it may be just that part. Do you know if that is happening or not? The incoming DC voltage on these is critical. So is the LP pressure at the tank regulator. Those would be the first two things to check. You may need to call in a mobile tech to assist you on this or have to schedule a trip to the shop. I would strongly consider getting rid of this unit and either going back to a conventional water heater or upgrade to a more dependable unit. Sorry this isn't good information, but you will continue to have issues with this. Google this model and see all the negative feedback from users! I wish I had done that before selling one. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I am adding a link to the best one of these. I sold one years ago and it is still running fine. About $1,100 or so. http://www.tanklesswaterheatersdirect.com/shop/tanklesswaterheaters/precisontemp/rv500waterheatermainpage.asp

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I adding a link to a trouble shooting guide for this model. Print out a copy so you have it. http://greenrvproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/TECH-TROUBLE-SHOOTING-GUIDE-1.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My induction fan will not come on. It's not frozen I spun it by hand
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Check the fuse to see if the unit is getting power. And trouble shooting would be easier here with a small digital multimeter so we can try and determine where the problem is.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The fan has power & comes on. But doesn't come out hot from exhaust or doesn't seem to kick on heater. There is good pressure from lp & the house batteries are charged up 13.7
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure if I checked correct fuse,,I check 15 amp glass fuse that says water pump
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The red light on the on -off switch is not lite up
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

It should be marked for water heater. If the red light is not on, there is a good chance it is the fuse or perhaps the switch. Testing both using an ohm meter is best.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Are you dry camping or plugged into shore power?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Shore power, we can't find hot water fuse.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Are you looking in the load center? See the fuses location or breakers in the Owner's Manual.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've spoken to Winnebago , there is no water heater fuse on these coaches. The hot water switch is good . 13 amps .,all check out but exhaust just blows air , not hot air. Which in turn makes no hot water ?any other suggestions ?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

It is not igniting, so it is most likely the board, but without testing, it is hard to say. I would call Gerrard and ask a tech for some help. I suspect they get lots of call about these. We did that on the one we sold and when it was over he said "Send it into us for repair..." so we had to take it out and put the old one back in and eat the labor. I wouldn't have one of these as a gift! Sorry this isn't the best news, but I suspect if you don't replace this it will be a problem most of the time. Please let me know what they have to say here.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

That phone number is(###) ###-####and they are in California.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see how this was going and if Gerrard was able to help you out on this or not.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they helped
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Great! Hope it works out for you..........and thanks for your response.